You can add class and creativeness to your yard by adding colors to your landscaping. Colors accent your home and draw attention to the best qualities of your yard. Use colors to display pride in your property.
- Colors add to the value of your home.
- Make areas feel larger and more welcoming.
- Attract attention to the best aspects of your home.
- Act as barriers or transitions to different parts of your home.
Color is a very powerful tool in the design of your landscaping. It can make your home flow or be the difference maker in your design.
Perennials That Pop
The simple definition of a perennial is a plant that lives for two or more years. That’s it! When you think of perennials you’re probably thinking about herbaceous perennials. These are the flowering plants that bloom in the spring and die in the fall. Only to come back again next spring.
Perennials are a low maintenance way to keep your yard looking beautiful every year. Instead of planting every year, you’ll only have to go trim your plants as they grow. Saving you time and money.
Depending on the time of year, you can “decorate” your home with the appropriate colors to fit the seasons.
- Spring – Use warm and bright colors. Yellows, greens, peach, and turquoise.
- Summer – Summer is the brightest time of the year. So you should use red, royal blue, and violets.
- Fall – As the temperature falls move towards earthy colors such as rust, teal and mustard.
- Winter – When the grey skies show up it’s time to plant slate blue, white, and burgundy.
Seasonal colors really show how much you care about the appearance of your home. Show off your attention to detail by choosing from the colors above for each season.